Open DO File
DO file extension most commonly refers to a Java Servlet file, and is used by supporting web servers to generate dynamic web pages. The DO file extension is also used to denote a 4oD playlist,, and is used by Channel 4's video on demand service which is available online or through selected digital television services. Though much less common, the DO file extension is also used by ModelSim, a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) simulator, and legacy DOS 3.3 disk images.
A Java servlet is a class which extends or enhances the capabilities of the host application server. Typically, parameters will be passed to the servlet in the form of a request, which will then generate a response based on the supplied data. This response will usually be dynamically generated content in HTML or XML format. Java servlets provide similar functionality to other web-based languages such as PHP or ASP.NET in that they can be used to generate web pages and content dynamically based on user input. Java servlets use the DO file extension, and may be found in various web-based applications such as online banking.
Channel 4's video on demand service also uses DO files, though these are used to store playlists containing links to programmes and films which can be streamed and watched either on a PC with the 4oD software, or through a digital television service such as Virgin Media or Tiscali TV. Most DO playlist files are ASX playlists albeit with a different file extension, so renaming the file may allow it to be opened with a wider range of applications.
Java servlet files with the DO extension can be opened and run on a web server with support for JavaServer Pages (File extension JSP). Using the associated web application via a standard web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox will then utilise the servlet and its output displayed.
Open DO File on Windows OS
- Find a DO file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the DO file in question.
- If you know the application which can open DO file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open DO file then try to search for "DO wiki", "application to open DO file" or "DO file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open DO file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 19 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open DO files, file extension do and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...